a novel approach addressing scar reduction
a scar reducing cream with a novel treatment approach. Contrakel is suitable for the treatment of hypertrophic and atrophic scars and keloids. Contrakel addresses scar formation on three levels
- Massage – enhances blood flow and reduces scar formation - Contrakel's physical properties enable a gentle massage of the scar tissue without pulling tissue
- Film effect – elevates skin moisture content
- Skin regeneration
- allantoin stimulates the regeneration of skin tissue and soothes the typical itching
- urea supports moisture content
- vitamin A improves the functional integrity of skin cells and prevents excessive keratinization
Postoperatively, immediately start cooling the wound. This minimizes the scar and die edges become less prominent.
Particularly, larger scars tend to rapidly lose moisture which result in a loss of elaticity. This creates the sensation of tension in the scar tissue.
Instructions for use of Contrakel cream:
- apply Contrakel® only on closed wounds
- gently massage the tissue for 5-10 minutes
- repeat the application and massage multiple times during a day (min. 2-3 times)
- depending on the size of the scar continue the treatment for 6-12 months
The product is available in our online store and on Amazon.